top of page

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

An official counterfoil document issued and placed in the applicant’s passport for a single entry or multiple entries to Canada.


Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

A type of authorization requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air; it is electronically linked to a foreign national’s passport.


Super Visa

A document that allows a foreign national who is the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to stay in Canada for up to two years and re-enter over a ten-year period without the need to renew the visa.


Extend your Stay as a Visitor

If the temporary resident applies to extend his/her status, he/she must do so before it expires, and retains this status until a decision is rendered on the application. A positive decision on an application will result in the issuance of a visitor record.

bottom of page